Group Benefits Consulting
1. Why a Group Benefits Plan?
Providing a group benefits plan for your employees is a proven and effective way to increase employee retention, attract and retain key talent for your business, and protect the wellbeing of your employees and their families. In today’s ultra competitive job market, it is important to ensure your business stands out from your competitors.
According to a Glassdoor survey from 2015 around 79% of employees are more interested in new or additional benefits than they are in a salary increase.
2. When your plan is managed by Advantage Pacific, we include the following services at no extra cost!
- Plan implementation is handled completely by us. It doesn’t matter if it is transferring an existing plan or setting up a brand-new plan, we are here to do the heavy lifting.
- Our integrated administrative services package is included at no extra charge for every one of our benefits partners. (Third Party Administration)
- Guaranteed one business day response time.
- A mid term review of your plan usage where we review the benefit’s your employees have used the most, and the ones that are under utilized.
- A detailed usage analysis (sometimes called waste or junk analysis) at your plans renewal where we will present several variations of benefits where we decrease the benefits that are underutilized and increase the benefits that are most used to present a cost-effective plan that works best for you and your employees.
- Direct access to our advisors for your employees so when they have questions or concerns about the plan they can talk to a real person and not wait on hold to get their questions answered.
- We will regularly (no less than every 3 years depending on your groups claims experience) take your plan to market to ensure you are getting the best rates to benefits available.
- One on one or group presentations (lunch and learns) to explain the benefits that are available to your employees.
3. Benefits Available on Our Plans
- Extended Health Insurance – The extended health portion of a plan typically includes the coverage for prescriptions, vision care, diabetic pumps and pump supplies, as well as paramedical practitioners like a registered massage therapist, chiropractor, registered clinical councillor and more.
- Dental Insurance – The dental benefit is going to have coverage for your regular cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges, and other regular oral maintenance. They can also include orthodontic coverage and specialist fees.
- Life Insurance – Most plans will have some life insurance coverage usually starting around $10,000 per person with higher amounts available.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) – Most plans will come with an AD&D benefit equal to the life insurance benefit.
- Dependent Life Insurance – This will typically be a small amount of life insurance that will cover the life of your spouse and children. This is an optional benefit and doesn’t need to be included with most plans.
- Short Term Disability – This disability coverage will pay a percentage of a plan members weekly salary if they are disabled up to 16 or 17 weeks depending on your policy.
- Long Term Disability – This disability coverage will typically cover up to 67% of an employees monthly pre disability income for a benefit period as short as 2 years or as long as up to their 65 birthday, all depending on what you pick when the plan is set up.
- Employee Assistance Program – Employee assistance programs typically provide crisis counselling, family counselling, conflict resolution training for managers and executives, and other counselling services.
- Travel Insurance – You can always add travel insurance to your benefits plan for little cost. Most insurance companies will provide emergency medical coverage with a few still offering cancellation coverage as well.
- Health Spending Account (HSA) – A HSA provides employees with the freedom to choose where they spend their insurance dollars, rather than having the plan dictate where they can spend them.
- Personal Spending Account – This account is a less restrictive version of a Health Spending Account allowing employees to spend credits on a broad range of health and wellness expenses.
4. Cost of a Group Benefits Plan
Benefits plans range in price depending on what benefits you would like to provide. A basic plan can run as little as $50 per month per employee.
We complete a needs analysis with every client to determine what benefits are most important to your team and build a plan form there.
Administrative Services for your Group Benefits Plan
One service we provide that has incredible value to our clients is administrative services, and we provide this service at no extra cost when your group is placed with one of our preferred carriers. You need to focus on your business, not filling out paperwork or answering questions on what benefits are available in your group plan, at Omineca Financial Services we take the administrative burden off the shoulders of you and your office staff.
Authorized distributor for The Canada Life Assurance Company, Equitable Life Insurance Company, The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, Pacific Blue Cross, Sunlife and Benecaid. Manulife & Stylized M Design, and Stylized M Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license.